At Toyyard we believe an individual’s right to keep their personal information private is highly important. We are committed to protecting and maintaining the privacy, accuracy and security of your personal information.
How we collect your information:
- We will only collect information relevant to our business relationship with you
- The information we collect will include contact details, personal details and information about your use of our products and services.
- We will collect this information directly from you. You are required to keep us informed of changes to your information to enable us to have proper administrative processes.
How we use your information:
We will limit the use of your personal information to:
- Recommending to you or providing you with the self storage products and services that you may need;
- Carrying out our business which includes account management, planning, product development, research and analysis;
- Fulfilling our legal requirements (for example, disclosure to law enforcement agencies or the courts).
We may use your information to offer you products and services that we believe meet your needs. However, you can notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers.
We will act promptly on any such request which can be made by e-mailing, calling, writing to or visiting the Centre where you hold storage or held storage.
Who will use your information:
- Toyyard may disclose information we retain about you, including your personal information, to the following:
- Our related entities
- Government departments
- Law enforcement agencies
- Any person than can demonstrate a legal or equitable interest in the goods stored
- Your alternate contact person
- Agents for any of the above
Your information is secure:
- We will ensure your personal information is kept secure and confidential, using up to date techniques which meet current industry standards.
- Only employees of Toyyard and those who perform services on our behalf, and are authorised to handle your information, will have access to your personal information.
- We will not retain any of your information for any longer than it is required by us except to fulfill our legal obligations or where you have consented.
- We will, with your help, keep your personal information accurate, complete and up-to-date.
You have access to your information:
You can access most of the personal information we hold about you and request corrections.
- This right is subject to some expectations, for example, you may not obtain access to information relating to existing or anticipated legal proceedings.
- You can request access to your information by visiting or contacting the branch at which you have storage.
This service is free unless the information you request requires significant research or preparation time.
Before we act upon requests of this nature, we will tell you how much this service will cost.
What to do if you think we have made an error:
Toyyard is committed to the protection of your privacy and our policies, processes and systems have been developed with this intent. However, sometimes human errors do occur. If you think we have made an error, we invite you to e-mail, phone or visit the Centre where you store or have stored. Where we have done the wrong thing, we will apologise and take all reasonable action to ensure that it doesn’t happen again.